The Global Council
The PACE Global Council brings together a small group of internationally renowned patient advocacy, medical, policy, scientific and health care industry leaders.
The purpose of the Council is:
- to provide a forum for intellectual exchange and for linkage between existing initiatives led by its members;
- to recommend actions consistent with the goals of PACE to devise or encourage policy reforms
- to improve public awareness on cancer-related issues
The Council aims to be fully transparent about its origins, support, and intentions:
- Initial financial support for PACE and the Council originates solely with Lilly Oncology even as future support from other companies or organizations is not excluded.
- Lilly Oncology's interests in PACE are to encourage cross-sector consensus on policy reforms that improve cancer care and treatment, and to preserve an environment in which innovation against cancer can flourish.
- Council participants may be reimbursed by Lilly Oncology at reasonable and customary levels for their time and/or expenses related to Council activities to the extent permitted by law in the relevant jurisdiction and will comply with any transparency requirement. However, a number of participants refuse such reimbursement.
- The Council neither discusses nor influences Lilly Oncology's products or pipeline.
- PACE and the Council do not dispense medical advice or endorse any medical treatments, providers, practices or institutions.
- Council participants do not necessarily endorse the actions, positions, or statements of PACE or Lilly Oncology; nor do PACE and Lilly Oncology necessarily endorse the actions, positions, or statements of Council participants.
In summary: PACE and the participants in the PACE Global Council are mutually independent but come together voluntarily under the shared goal of speeding cancer innovations to the patients who need them.